The stainless steel cabinets are usually easy to clean and maintain, much easier than wooden cabinets or those made of other materials. It is important do the cleaning with a mild cleaning procedure instead of going for strong chemicals.
One of the fastest and easiest ways to clean the cabinet is by using a soft cloth or some nylong sponge available in any nearby store. Soaked this in warm water solution containing a bit of ammonia, soap or detergent should do the trick. Unless your cabinet is heavily soiled, this is pretty much all you need to keep your cabinets in top notch condition.
Here are some tips that will help clean your stainless steel cabinets fast and well and maintain the good looks of their exterior:
- The first thing you need to do is to wipe away any dust, grain or other easy to remove residues on a regular basis.
- Use a mix of white vinegar and water to clean stainless steel material effectively.
- Avoid using bleach as this will stain the steel.
- There are many products in spray (for example the well known magic spray) form that will help you clean and polish the cabinets the proper way, while at the same time keep them from acquiring fingerprints. The magic sprays will prevent streaks from forming and will restore the cabinet luster.
- Use a non abrasive cleaner such as the Bon Ami with a soft cloth or a damp sponge to clean the cabinets the right way. Another non abrasive cleaner that can be used instead of Bon Ami is baking soda, if you don’t have access to the former in your location.
- Use various cleaning solutions that are particulary created for cleaning stainless steel. Due to extra wear and tear the surface of the cabinets can become very easily dull and lacking luster, while at the same time show the heavy marks of excessive wear and tear. In these cases the previous tips might not help and you have to resort to using something stronger, hence these chemical cleaning solutions. The way these solutions work is by maintaining their defensive Chromium Oxide layer.
- If your main problem is very heavy dirt that just won’t leave, use magnesium oxide and ammonia with a Scotchbrite pad. You can also use it with a powdered cleanser that should be applied with mild force without pushing too much. Simply rub the dirty areas to remove the heavy stains after which have to wash off the worked areas with clean water.
It is important to maintain the health and care of your stainless steel cabinets because once grime is formed, it is getting more and more difficult to remove it effectively without having to resort to heavy chemicals which in turn might damage the material more than help. Regardless if you have stainless steel kitchen cabinets or a stainless steel bathroom cabinet or even stainless steel cupboards, you can use these methods to get rid of the grime, dirt and stains from the stainless steel material and have back your beautiful and shiny cabinets for your home or office.